Monday, November 17, 2008

11/17/08 e-mail

Dear Family-
My new comp is Elder Norton. He is from New Mexico and he goes home in June, so I won't be killing him off. Why do we have 3 dogs? That is one too many. On Saturday we baptized Nate Fisher. I should be having at least one more baptism this month and at least two in December which will be really nice. I get to call you in almost a month which is crazy. When I talk to you I will have been out six month and I will just have 18 more to go. Well, my big coat broke, the zipper came off of it. It is going to snow this week so I need it. What I was thinking is that I will keep it and you go and talk to Doug and ask him to send me a new one and when I get the new one I will mail you the broken one to give to him. Does that sound okay? Let me know next week and let me know if that is what is going to happen. Well, you want to know what the high priests can do for missionary work. Well, I would say share the gospel with their friends, but all their friends are probably really old and stuck in their ways... just kidding. But, always go out with the missionaries as much as they can. The best thing is to have a member at every teaching appointment. Also, give the missionaries referrals and if the missionaries are following Preach My Gospel they will call you and let you know how it went when they went to see them. Also, on page 13 of Preach My Gospel there are quotes from the prophets. I like the one from George Albert Smith. I like to read this one to people when they don't do missionary work because its not just talking about going it is also talking about after. You should read that one to them it will get people motivated. Well, I love you and I miss you guys. Elder Wesley

1 comment:

Dena said...

More baptisms...that's great!!! Have a happy Thanksgiving.